March 31, 2010

Weekends... ;-)

Hi All, here's yet another "snippet" from one of my wonderful weekends. ;-) I forgot my camera again... so none of these pictures are mine, I just kyped them off of my brothers and mom's cameras. :-)

First off, someone had this "wild hair" to drive up Pine Mountain, on this little "road". :-]  It was one of our sillier ideas, I believe.  We got partway up the mountain, and found a gate across the road, so had to turn around and go back down to find somewhere else to eat our picnic lunch.


We drove to the top of Whitetop Mountain, and set up chairs beside the Suburban (on the side out of the wind) and ate our lunches, and then stood and observed the beautiful view! ;-)

Check out the mountain ranges! Wow, I love VA. :-)

Another view from the top of Whitetop, before we headed over to my Grandparents place.

*cough* Don't be fooled by our non-challant expressions.  We really weren't as fazed out as we look here. ;-) Honestly, this picture makes me chuckle. :-D

See? We were rather happy. :-P (ok, these are both corny... especially that one of me... but this is real life. *grin*)

Grandpa and Grandma had just gotten back from a trip to FL, and they were SO sweet to let us come over for a few hours on Saturday, while the guys finished a job closeby.


This was the job they guys were finishing. I can't spell or pronounced what that thingie is, that they have on the ladder... but it goes on the top of the barn. ;-)


Back at Grandpa and Grandma's place... David didn't quite get the "airplane" idea... He nosedived! :-D


And a random picture of my ornery but yet sweet pups. ;-)

~ Susanna ~

3 comments:

Nicole said...

It's about time! I was beginning to wonder if we weren't going to see anything of your weekend. And YOU forgot your camera?!? That's unbelievable! Now, this twitterpatedness (is that a word? it is now!) has gone too far!!! :-P

As always, LOVE the pics. I was dabbing at some tears over those VA mountains that I love right along with ya! Nice to see the "real" life side of you that we all know and love! And I absolutely adore the picture of Rich with David! Such a good Daddy!

Awww...I miss you guys so terribly. :-( Keep praying for me, Sis. Love you!

Gary said...

I really have to chuckle at the picture of you... ;-P

Susanna said...

Nicole, so glad you enjoyed those pictures! :) I posted them just for you. ;) I'm looking forward to having you come up here when you can... and enjoy these mountains with us.

And I almost didn't post that picture of me... I look so corny. :-} But real life pictures are a good thing. :-P