March 8, 2010

Mabry Mill

Another post full of weekend pictures... sorry 'bout that. ;-)  Actually, I'm not really sorry, but I feel sorry for you if you're not enjoying these.  :-) Gary and I took a cruise down the parkway, and went all the way down to Mabry Mill, where we took some pictures and enjoyed the scenery.  Since I've not had much chance to get on the parkway, I was really enjoying it! It was another "memory maker" weekend. :-)

The Parkway - recovering from the ice and snow...

The parkway was closed off in certain sections, so we had to take some backroads before we could get back onto the Parkway... and thus the muddy truck. ;-)


And here's the mill! I've been wanting to see this place for a while! I still want to go back when everything is green, but I'm glad I got to see it the way it is right now. :-)


The mill again...


Tried to make this look old fashioned, but I don't think it worked very well! :-] 


This would be my favorite one. :-) I wish I would have the courage to put one here where we both have corny expressions, but I'm not quite ready to show what I'm really like. ;-P (ha ha)

So there ya go... that's a small snippet to my weekend. 

10 comments:

Gary said...

memory maker is correct ;-)

Have a good day...:)

Jennifer Bates said...

Awww...pretty! I like the snow in those pictures! It adds something to it!
And the pictures of you two! <3 So cute! You guys look good together! :P But did you use a tripod or was someone there to take your pictures??

JoJo! ♥ said...

The mill with the ice all over it looked awesome! ♥

Susanna said...

Gary, So far my day has been really good. Thanks!:-)

Jenn, Thankyou! ;-) Yup, we used a tripod... there was some running back and forth. Quite interesting, really. ;-P

Joanna, it really was pretty! You guys need to check out Mabry Mill when you come up here. ;-)

Nicole said...

I agree with Jo, that picture of the mill all filled with ice is spectacular. It is very pretty and you'll have to post some pictures of it with it all running and green (if it runs that is).

And I for one enjoy seeing the pictures of your weekends. The only thing that would be better would be to be there in person. I feel like the big sis missing out on everything. :-(

Nicole said...

Oh and one more...those of us who know you, KNOW how corny you are. :-P

Heather said...

Amen to Nicole!
Suz, we already know the corny you! *grins sheepishly* I love seeing your pictures too. You should definitely go back to the Mill when it's spring or summer. It's gorgeous then... I'll have to show you my pictures some time.
Anyhow, thanks for sharing about your weekend!

Susanna said...

Nicole, hey! Be nice! ;-) Yup, I'm afraid those of you who know me are correct. ;-)

Heather, I'd LOVE to see your pics of the mill! Isn't it just perfectly picturesque?

Nicole said...

Hey, why am I always being told to be nice? I am being nice...you know I could be much more sarcastic if I wanted to be. :-P

JoJo! ♥ said...

Yea! I am hoping we can come to Va this year, but it doesn't look like it will happen... Dad doesn't really have any more work. :-(