May 17, 2010

Wisdom

I was reading in 1 Kings chapter 3 this morning... where King Solomon asks God for wisdom.  This king started out his reign on good ground.  He loved the Lord and was walking in the footsteps of his father, David.  He asked for wisdom rather than riches and honor, realizing his own weakness and lack of understanding.  He realized the huge task that was ahead of him, and he was willing to lay aside the things of the world just to have an understanding heart.  It's scary how easy it is to choose honor, ease, money, and popularity, rather than the more important blessings God wants to give us.

So that's my little pep-talk to myself for the week.  ;-) 

~ Susanna

4 comments:

Jennifer Bates said...

I loved your "pep talk" we all need greater wisdom! I know I do and that is something that we should always pray for....

I want to see how God sees....understand the things that make you worry....you know!
lol Thanks for sharing!

Gary said...

hmmm... you spoke straight at me, even if you didn't mean to.

Thanks!

*wink*

Heather said...

Thanks Suz! In my Old Testament Class I was struck by the importance of wisdom... aren't you glad that James says anyone who lacks wisdom can ask God who will give generously?!

p.s. The pictures were beautiful! You always amaze me with your photographs.

Susanna said...

Jennifer, Thanks for the supportive words. ;-) Means a lot!

Gary, you're welcome... I really wasn't meaning to, but I'm glad you found something worthwhile in my "grand thoughts about nothing at all". ;-)

Heather, YES! Reading in James is always an inspiration... especially the promise that God gives us, that He will give wisdom if we only ask. :-)