October 13, 2009

Good Bye Facebook



At a sermon yesterday, I was convicted by the thoughts that he was sharing about making sure that we soak ourselves in PURE and CHRISTLIKE things, rather than things that we would be embarrassed for our Lord to see. I was challenged to re-evaluate the websites that I go to on the internet such as Facebook and other sites that may have ads and other stuff on the site for gutter moments. The internet is so full of evil things that just creep in without the Christian realizing it. And before you know it, Boom! You realize that you are dealing with a full blown addiction. Where you spend your time is where your heart is.
So I deleted my Facebook account, and hopefully the Lord will convict me of other areas of my life that need to be dealt with. Pray for me as I seek His face!

In Christ,
Susanna

3 comments:

Esther said...

Hey girl... Wow. God Bless you!!! I'm so inspired by your recognition of all the snares of the flesh and by the way you respond! I'm so glad that i've FINally found someone else who has given up facebook! Yea, i used to be into it but i gave it up in Feb. I'm not saying its sin,because some ppl know how to not let something become an addiction. But i knew i needed to give it up. But beware, there's prolly gonna be many times that you wanna get back on! there was for me, anyways! I'm so proud of you and i love you lots! I also feel sooo bad about the Mexico thing... i will still send you and application when i get one. I'm soo glad that you've found good friends to hang out with tho!! That is something we all need! Love ya and praying for you!~Es

Susanna said...

YAY!! Someone else has escaped from the clutches of Facebook! Wow, you don't realize how much that encouraged me! I don't feel bad toward people who still have it, but it's just incredible that God worked in your heart in that area, too. Way incredible. :-)
I'd love to still fill out the application... MAYBE God will work a miracle there. :-) Well, we have prayer tonight, so I need to go! I love you, girl!

Jennifer Bates said...

I thought that was why you wern't on there anymore! So glad that you are following God's voice! I love you!
Jenn ><>