August 19, 2010

Our House

My Grandpa recently requested that I post a blog entry showing the progress of our house... I guess that's a "small" detail that I didn't expound much on.  I'm not sure why, but it just never really dawned on me to show y'all this major detail of my life.  After this is dried in (the front side of the house, under porch needs siding yet, and then soffit, trim, and all that other good stuff yet)  we will be letting it sit until next year, when we'll probably be starting on putting up walls in the inside, and -- as the funds come -- work on finishing it. :-)

But enough talk... here's a few pictures of our house.

The pile of firewood pushed out of our house site.

checking out the beginnings of the basement

Pouring the footer

getting ready to pour the basement

"Core filling"...

putting up some of the basement walls, and getting ready to work on the main floor.

Working on the floor

The trusses going up

The first floor... before the roof was on, and before it's been cleaned up.

And the roof is going on!
Sheeing the basement wall (I actually ran the nailer some of the time. ;-P )

Sheeting the basement wall

Putting up the end wall

This is what it looks like now. :-) And maybe in the future my life will allow me to take a few minutes to post more updates. :-)  Blessings to all of you!!

Mrs. Yoder. ;-)

3 comments:

JoJo! ♥ said...

Looks great! Yall didn't waste time building! :P Oh, I know a really good dry-waller *giggles*

Marg :-) said...

Wow! I'm so glad to be able to picture it! Thanks Grandpa! ;-) I'm eager to see what it looks like inside too. :-)

Are you back from TN? Are you gonna be able to come on Wednesday? Hope to see you then!

Jennifer Bates said...

It looks great! I bet you are excited! I got your letter! I plan on sending you one back! *smiles*