So, I decided to come out of my shell and show some pictures of the huge snow that I got stuck in. I don't have any pictures of ME stuck in the snow (that wouldn't have been very interesting, anyway), but I do have pictures of some of the snow along the roads, while we were driving home.
I wish I could re-create some of the mental pictures I have. A four wheel drive vehicle flipped on it's side, no one in the vehicle moving, that I could see. Two cars in the grass between northbound and southbound... both thoroughly stuck, plus extensive damage to both vehicles. The grill of a huge eighteen wheeler in my rear view mirror, coming steadily closer to my stopped car, the immense tires that were sloshing through the ice and slush on the interstate. The brake lights of the black Suburban in front of me. It's all is so vivid to me... and that's probably largely because of the nagging fear that would grip me. But these will have to do.
A police station we went by on the way home.
Main Street, Wytheville.
On this picture, I used flash while we were driving down the road. I kinda liked the effect. :-)
And now for some more light-hearted pictures the day after I got home!
Some old tires that looked like they tried to dress up for the holidays.
Nicka looking rather chilled.
Rocky sitting in one of the tire tracks.
Can you tell which vehicle got to stay safely at home over the weekend? :-)
All of my brothers except the oldest one, Jonathan.
Quisha!
I love her expression here.. :-)
AND what is this odd little thing humping along in the snow? LOL
A Sample of some of the odd pictures I take sometime. I just liked the light and shadow of this! I dunno why. I was in a weird mood when I took it. :-)
Blessings,
Susanna












5 comments:
WOW!! That's a LOT of snow!! Isaac was looking at these with me... he said "Wow! That stuff looks like salt!" :-D He has never seen snow before!
How many inches did y'all get?? What did the temperature get down to? ;-)
Thank you for the pictures!
><>Molly<><
Hey Molly! LOL - yup, it does look a lot like salt, except whiter! We got about 14 inches, I believe... and I'm not even sure how cold it got. Down in the teens, but no negative numbers. Wish y'all could have been here to enjoy the snow with us!
~ Susanna
14 inches! Wow! We know a family who lives in Wisconsin... and they got around 18 inches... and a family in Maryland who got 22 inches... brr...!!
Yeah... we would love to get to see some snow... maybe someday! ;-D
Have a wonderful week!!
><>Molly<><
Hey great pics!!!!! Intersesting stories!:(:) Hope you had a fantastic Christmas!!
WoW! Looks like we came in the wrong year!!! Now playing in THAT snow would've been loads of fun. And I had quite a tickle over poor little Quisha (yes, I did say it right, don't get used to it :-P ) trying to get along in the snow, although Nika (sp?) seemed to like it ok. Great pics as usual, Sus! Glad you made it home safely, and that you had such nice knights to save the poor damsel in distress. :-D Love you, Sis!
Post a Comment