My life has been... let's see. Hectic. Wonderful. Somewhat stressful. Richly blessed. Lovely. and many many more. We're moved and settled now, and we're so glad to be in our new house! :-) We've been "enjoying" amazingly hot and muggy weather for our area... it's unusual that we have weather this hot. But today it's a beautiful partly cloudy day wth plenty of breezes to keep it bearable. :-)
Once I get things decorated, curtains in the windows and all, I'll post some pictures of our house. :-) But for now, just know that I'm enjoying it immensely, and loving our simple little country home.
As far as pregnancy goes, I've been doing really well! At 6 months and 1 week, I'm feeling really good. Our little guy has been active today... moving and bumping around in there. Gary and I are looking forward to the day when he comes into the world! :-) What an amazing gift.
A few days ago, on my way to a midwife appointment, a little field mouse went scurrying accross the passenger side of the floor. :-| What is it with mice and me? Seems they always show up at the worse times! I was tempted to stop the car, but I got a mental picture of me turning the car inside out to find the mouse, and having a cop stop and ask if he could help with anything... and I turn bright red because I'm so terrified of a little old mouse... that I kept on going, but I gave the mouse a pep talk about his place in the vehicle. I told him in no uncertain terms, that things could get ugly if he came over to my side, but as long as he stayed on his side of the car, I figured we could get along.
So, today, little Stowaway and I are on our way to town again. So far, he hasn't said much to me... and I guess that's a good thing. I think I would scream on the spot if he stopped to chat.
Anyhow, I guess I'll go, with a few pictures to end the post with.
Blessings!
~ Susanna
A lovely little bunch of new oak leaves.
A portion of the A.T. hiked with the youth group. I thought this tree was fascinating.
A close up of a jack in the pulpit! I was thrilled when someone pointed these out to me. :-)
Three extra large mushrooms... I loved the companionship displayed here. ;-)
A dozen red roses Gary brought me for our 1st wedding anniversary!
Me with my roses. :-)
Gary and I on our first wedding anniversary
Thankfully I convinced him to cut his hair before that picture above was taken. :-P NOT! It was the old ratty wig my Grandma keeps around just for fun. ;-) She brought it along on our cousins camping trip. :-)
Another pic of my sweetheart.
My Grandpa's pond... and the neighbors dilapidated fence in the foreground.
A lovely spring rose, just after a light rain.
Three Graduates! :-)
10 comments:
Awesome to see a new post! I reeeally liked the whole mouse story! *sigh* you and your mice. haha!
It made me laugh :D
Jo
I have to say that I've been checking on you for quite a while....Thanks for posting again. I really enjoyed the pictures!
Janelle
Beautiful pictures, Sus! I wish we could have had a clearer picture of the Mama-to-be and her baby belly though. :-D I'm glad you all were able to get completely moved over to the new house and are settling in well. I would sure like to have a catch up chat soon. Love you!
Nicole
Oh Suz!!! If you would only have said you were waiting for a comment! I think I have checked here 30 times since you last posted. Could have posted 30 comments! :) So good to see the pictures, especially the one of you and Gary! :) Heth said you are hoping to come to the Saturday of the LIGHT Retreat. I can't wait to see you! Lots of love!
Emma
I ditto Nicole!
So are y'all certain (meaning, did you find out) if it is a boy, or are you just using the pronoun 'he' to make it easy? ☺
I had to laugh at imagining the lecture the poor little mouse had to listen to! :) It's a good thing he listened, as I don't like the thought of your reaction should he have been stubborn!! Love ya and enjoyed your post. ~Mama
Whew! Finally. I wasn't sure how to be any more emphatic! Thanks, Sus!
Thanks everyone for the comments! ;-) I know it's been a while now since I've posted anything more... I've been busy with canning and such. Plus getting ready for our little boy. Only a little over 5 weeks left! Time does fly. :-)
Blessings to all of you!
~ Susanna
Do we get a picture of 'Pookie' in-waiting; or do I need to post one myself. (Hmmm... don't know much about hijacking an account, though. :{ ) ~Your Mama :)
LOVE the post! You ar BEAUTIFUL...your roses and you! I love the photo of you and Gary! Sweet little love birdies! The one of Gary in the WIG!!!! Terrible I am not going to lie, he needs to keep his hair cut cause it just isn't HIM! lol
Love you lots girly!
-Jenn
Post a Comment